BGH Hair Tips
How to maintain your Baddie Girl Hair
Baddie Girls Hair is at its best when it has been maintained properly. We value our Baddie Girls Hair clients and its our priority to make sure that you get the maximum life out of your hair. We also want you to get your money's worth, duh! With that said here are some "proper care" instructions. the Baddie Girls Hair Way! With proper care maintenance you can expand the life-span of your hair past one year and ensure its silky smooth texture.
- Brush before bed and before washing to ensure there are no natural occurring tangles caused by wind or friction
- Do not brush wet hair as that is when hair follicles are at their most vulnerable.
- Use an Organic Sulfate free shampoo . Sulfate strips hair of natural oils, as there is no direct supply of nutrients from your scalp into the extension strands, its vital that you use a no sulfate shampoo to avoid drying the hair out.
- To avoid damaging the hair extensions, the cuticles and your scalp, only wash with warm water.
- Wash the hair gently in a downward motion with your palms, do not scrub or bunch the hair together as this will cause open cuticles to rub against each other causing friction.
- Rinse between each wash, and wash only 1-2 times.
- Whilst wet, add 2-3 drops of natural oil such as Almond or Coconut by gently applying it evenly over the hair, these oils will penetrate the cuticles and add moisture to hair extensions.
- Natural oils do the work of most conditioners without the added chemicals and silicones, natural is always best.
- Finally, lower the shower head and rinse your hair (not scalp) with cold water, this is known as an Arctic Rinse it will close the cuticles to lock the moisture and nutrients from the oil in, leaving you with nutrient rich hair extensions.
- Let your hair air-dry at home, take 2-3 hours to wash and naturally dry your hair - Do not use heat as this will swell and dry your strands.
- Apply a small amount of Almond or Coconut oil 2-3 times a week or when required. Argan oil is a great finishing oil for styling and frizz, however its a dry oil and does not moisturize the hair as well as Almond or Coconut.
- For long lasting hair extensions, moisturize your hair as you do your skin, it makes perfect sense.
With proper care and maintenance you can expand the life-span of your past one year and ensure its silky smooth texture.